Friday 11 July 2008

TeekondHOME

After an uneventful ride from Folkestone I met the kids from school as planned which was nice, lucky for Gus there WAS a calendar!

Bike was awesome, considering its gone 4K miles over the last service interval. Leaky rear shock and shagged back brake disc seem to be the only slight niggles.

Punctures - none
Breakdowns - none
Drops - none
Crashes - none
Near misses - several
Miles - lots

Apparently I smell like someone from the great unwashed, although I did shower this morning my bike clothes didn't!

Back to the real world now!

Mike

Sent from Mike's BlackBerry®

3 comments:

Gav said...

Well done Mike. Had really good fun reading the blog over the last few weeks.

So has Simon and Will been captured by Chechen rebels as they seem to have fallen off the radar?

Think I need aq GS now.

Gavin

Mark Mayes said...

Well done mate, nice one.

I've enjoyed reading the blogg over the last 3 weeks, very good.

If, by getting back to the "real world", you mean sodding off to America for 6 weeks, then I think I'll have some of that real world!

Well done again

Mark

Mike said...

Gav - Everyone is now home, Will and Simon went their separate ways in Berlin by all accounts. Let me know where you want to go on your new GS? Would advise on the 1150 as opposed to the 1200!

Mark - do you realise how hot it is in Miami in late July? And it does get cold at night when you get up to Vancouver. I'd hardly call that a holiday! :-)