Wednesday 9 July 2008

Observations of Poland and all things Polish

Having left the town of Elk in eastern Poland I rode cross country and now just west of Berlin in another odd guesthouse, luckily got the last room just as the heavens opened.

The roads all the way across were surprisingly good.
The drivers were surprisingly courteous and very bike aware even though I didn't see many bikes, they also tip you the wink before you get to the speed traps.
They have topless car washes!
They have fruit sellers on the side of the road which in itself is not unusual, they also have prostitutes lined up in between the fruit sellers which I thought was.
The cemetaries are very colourful, amazing flowers (not the kind of thing I would normally notice).
My Polish is as good as most peoples english I met today.
There are lots of lakes.
I disturbed a hooker and her client when I stopped for an 'adventure p***' by the side of a road.
I didn't do too much for Anglo-Polish relations when I stopped for another 'adventure p***' in a deserted lane, it actually turned out to be someones driveway and he waited patiently in his car while I finished up as my bike was in the way, the shake of the head said it all.
Mike
Sent from Mike's BlackBerry®

No comments: