Sunday 15 June 2008

One week to go...

Well quite a lot has happened in the last month or so in the run up
to the trip:

1. Will's bike was blown over in a windy field in Snowdonia which
smashed his offside pannier to smithereens. Luckily he was able to
find some second hand ones from a bloke in London. A result, but at
mucho expense.

2. Censored

3. I realised that my Russian visa had completely the wrong dates on
it, 2 working days before I had to go to Paris with work. Luckily
'Real Russua' the agency in London were straight on top of it and
managed to turn in around so I could pick my passport up from them 2
hours before I had to get the Eurostar.

4. I had my bike serviced by the Mike at Cardiff Motorrad - the bloke
that built Ewan and Charley's bikes for the Long way Round - nice. I
spent 5 hours with him and he made sure I understood how to fix some
common problems that might occur on the road. It was a good.
Unfortunately though, the bike has to go back in 'cos Mike found
that the drive shaft oil seal was leaking - due to me overfilling the
bevel box it with Hypoid gear oil - doh! A mistake that took two
seconds to do, was 5mm more than it should have been, but will cost
£110 to fix. Oh well better than the transmission blowing up in Russia!

5. Dean has bailed!

Anyway I expect that the next blog will be when we have hit the road
- 2pm next Sunday - after Mike son Gus's football tournament.

Cheers

Simon

No comments: